Planning and Zoning

The Zoning Administrator carries out the duty of administering the City Zoning Ordinance. This person is responsible for assisting citizens in determining what zoning forms and procedures apply with regards to requests and land use changes.

The Zoning Administrator also assists citizens with the completion of required permit application forms.

Zoning Forms and Info

For Zoning permit applications, fee schedule, and ordinance, click here.
Under Applications and Permits, choose the Zoning category. You will see a list of links to documents.

It is highly recommended that applicants submit a conceptual/draft site plan for review prior to formal application and to meet with appropriate city staff to receive feedback on design. Contact the Zoning Administrator listed below to discuss project or setup conceptual site plan review.

To pay for Zoning or Development fees, one can pay by cash, check or credit card payable to the City of Newaygo. You can pay at City Hall (28 N State Rd, Newaygo MI 49337), use the drop box by the entrance door of City Hall, mail it in (PO Box 308, Newaygo MI 49337), or call in and pay by credit card over the phone by calling 231-652-1657 ext 210.

Zoning Administrator

Jon Schneider
(231) 652-1657 ext. 211

For Zoning questions and permits, please contact:
Amy Dalman
(231) 652-1657 ext. 227

City of Newaygo

28 State Road
Newaygo, Michigan 49337
Phone (231) 652-1657
Monday through Friday, 7:30a-4:00p
Emergency: Phone 911

City of Newaygo